- Volkswagen Touareg and Trasporter 2.5 TDI PD models with
- A new timing tool kit designed for gear driven engines where the injection timing is controlled by the camshaft followers.
- This engine is driven by Timing Gears which are more commonly fitted to engines without an overhead Camshaft or on diesel engines. Most gears used for driving camshafts and diesel injection pumps have helical-cut teetj but some applications have spur gears with straight cut or backlash reduction systems.
- The service life of the timing gears depends on:
- Correct gear backlash
- Correct lubricaition Timing gears are not normally considered part of the general service and need checking only if they are dismantled or become noisy.
|Picture||Part No. / Description|
|KA-8379-1 Camshaft Clamp
Phaeton 2003, Touareg 2003, Transporter 2004, 10-cyl. Diesel in Phaeton and Touareg for 5-cyl. Diesel engine in Touareg and Transporter
|KA-8379-2 Camshaft Clamp Tool
Touareg 2003, Phaeton 2003, Transporter 2004, 5 and 10-cyl. Diesel engine
|KA-8379-3 Crankshaft Clamp
Touareg 2003, Transporter 2004, 5-cyl. Diesel engine. For setting engine to cylinder 1 TDC
Camshaft Compensation Gear Pre-Tensing Tool
|KA-8379-5 Key for Crankshaft
To twist or hold against the crankshaft. Required for example when setting the motor shafts to OT or the releasing of the gear mounting screw as at the wat
|KA-8379-6 Crankshaft Locking Tool|
|KA-8379-7 Gulde Pin Set|