- Connect headphone jack into stethoscope unit
- Turn unit on with volume control dial & set to mid level
- Put headset on & place probe onto part to be tested.
- Use to detect & diagnose worn pistons, faulty lifter, bearing & gear noise, manifold leaks – also use to locate wind & water leaks in doors & windscreens.
- Attach 4 or 6 sensor clamps to suspected source of noise
- Use either Velcro straps or cable ties to secure the clamp wires.
- Plug headphone jack into selector box & turn on with volume control & set to midlevel
- Operate component or test drive vehicle to duplicate the problem noise.
- Adjust volume to desired level & rotate the selector box knob between the 4 or 6channels, until the source of the noise is isolated.
- Use to trace drive-train, under-bonnet & under-dash source of noises.
- Stethoscope & 4 or 6 channel selector box require a 9 volt battery – supplied.